History of Haulover Beach
Haulover Beach is part of the 180 acre Miami-Dade owned Haulover Park located just north of Bal Harbour. Haulover Park opened in 1948 and was named after Baker Haulover, who used to travel from Biscayne Bay to the area now known as Haulover Beach.
In addition to featuring one of the most popular and beautiful nude beaches in the world, Haulover Park is also home to one of the largest charter fishing fleets in South Florida and includes additional amenities such as a nine hole golf course, kite rentals, souvenir shops, two restaurants, and a dog park.
The Haulover Beach nude section has been recognized in many publications as one of the top 10 nude beaches in the world. Dating back to 1991, the ½ mile nude section is on the north end of the beach and features lifeguards, restrooms, shower facilities, concessions, and chair/umbrella rentals. For visitor safety, the beach is patrolled by security guards and gawkers are strictly prohibited.
The southern end of Haulover Beach is more family oriented and requires all visitors to remain clothed. There are signs posted at the entry points to the nude beach to alert visitors to the clothing optional section.